The Social Unity Foundation OF Innovation (SUFI) Trust Limited is a voluntary registered charity trust which is based in England and Wales. We are responsible for local, national and international voluntary and charity work and work at cross cultural level to build a tolerant society, to enhance opportunities for all, and to ensure that international understanding and peace is developed, irrespective of differences of colour, race, or religion.
The SUFI Trust was established in 2001 and has since been able to help a significant number of people:
- 2,200 helped in Pakistan in September 2007 with medical aid as a result of a grant of £10,000.
- 40 families provided with housing also in Pakistan in September 2007.
- The First Aid Ambulance Project in 2006 helped an estimated 2,000 people in Pakistan.
- 27,000 blankets, 3 ambulances, food and medicine were provided to the victims of Asian earthquake 2005 in partnership with St. John Ambulances Services and Birmingham Central Mosque.
- 150 young people are provided with educational help each year .
- The cultural awareness event “Eid Milan Meena Bazaar” in 2004, 2005 and 2006 respectively at the Symphony Hall in Birmingham was attended by 20 schools and attracted 5,000 people each year.
To develop social unity programme which will contribute towards the social network and integration, opportunity to liaise and form partnership, access information, empowerment, self-development, discussions groups around common issues and interests which will enable to get involved in issues of particular relevance to communities living and working in fast growing gobalised society. This will facilitate the people to develop projects and activities that will encourage self help, advance education and promote life-long learning and social well being.
Furthermore, to associate the community, the statutory and non statutory organisations, voluntary groups and individuals in a common effort to advance education and to provide facilities in the interest of social welfare with the object of improving the conditions of life for the community.